Financial security for your family’s future is certainly a priority. And, of all the financial instruments available to ascertain it, term insurance is certainly one among the best! First, however, you or your family members must furnish the documents required for a term insurance policy to get the application accepted and proceed with the death claim when required. Here is a detail about it.
Documents Required For Term Insurance Policy
The process of purchasing a term insurance plan requires a set of documents.
- Proof of identity – Your proof of identity is one of the essential documents required when you buy term insurance. It can be one of the common identity proofs:
- Aadhar Card
- PAN Card
- Driving Licence
- Voter ID
- It can be an official letter from a government authority or attestation in certain other cases.
- Proof of age – Age is another major criterion to ensure eligibility for a term insurance plan. Therefore, you need to submit a document for proof of age. It can be one of the documents mentioned under the proof of identity as it has the date of birth. However, you can also submit your school or college mark sheets, birth certificate, etc., for proof of age.
- Proof of address – It is the next most important document required for term insurance. Proof of address will also be present in any proof of identity, such as the passport, driving licence, etc. You can also provide your bank statement or ration card. However, you must submit different documents for the proof of identity, age and address for successful verification.
- Income proof – Insurers need to ascertain that you will be able to pay the premium through the policy term for the term insurance benefits. And, therefore income proof is required. Therefore, you can submit your pay slips, bank statement, etc., for the last 3 to 6 months as income proof.
- Medical documents – Medical documents are required by the insurance providers to decide on the sum assured. For example, if you have a pre-existing medical disorder, you will have to pay a higher premium as it can increase the risk of death. And, you can purchase a term plan with a high sum assured at an extremely affordable premium rate if you are young and healthy.
- Photographs – With the documents mentioned above for the term plan, you will also be required to provide your latest passport size photographs. The specific number of photographs will be based on individual insurance providers.
When you choose insurers offering an online term plan, such as the Tata AIA life insurance term plan, you can read through the policy documents, compare the features, upload the necessary documents, and purchase it online.
While the documents mentioned above are required to buy term insurance, here are the documents required for death claims
- Original policy document
- Claim form duly filled by the nominee
- Death certificate
- FIR report in accident cases
- Doctor’s report
- Medical records
- Nominee’s ID proof and bank account details
Why is it Important to Know the Important Documents?
Insurers process your application for the purchase or the death claim based on your documents. Therefore, to ease the process of application and verification, you must ensure to provide the documents required for term insurance without fail.
Also, in case of your unexpected death, if you feel your loved ones receive the lump sum benefit without a hassle-free process, you need to safeguard your policy document and other necessary medical records for further reference.
Successful verification of your term plan is important to process your application. It is also important to avail of the maturity or death benefits. Therefore, it is important to understand the required documents for the term plan and get them ready to ensure quick policy issuance and other benefits. Proof of identity, age and address, and the medical reports and photographs will complete the documental verification and be subject to the individual insurer’s policy terms and conditions.